Dear Valued Client,
The health and safety of our clients and our staff is our top priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and directive to the state of California from Governor Gavin Newsom, our staff is temporarily working from home. We will be responding to email and telephone messages as quickly as possible, but there may be a delay in our response.
As of March 20, 2020, the Internal Revenue Service has officially extended the 4/15 filing due date (Individuals, Trusts, C Corporations, other businesses with a 4/15 original due date) to July 15th, 2020. Regarding 2019 tax returns, and 2020 first quarter estimated tax payments, the state of California and the Internal Revenue Service are now requiring a corresponding due date (July 15th, 2020) for filing and making tax payments.
If you have already provided your information and your tax return is currently in process with our staff, we are continuing to diligently work to prepare your tax returns. Our staff will be in contact with you regarding any questions, potential data requests, or scheduling a debrief call to review your tax return with Ron Sahmel.
If you need to provide tax documentation to our firm, we highly recommend that you either scan and send your tax documentation through our secure portal via Citrix ShareFile (Click here to upload files) or send your documents to our office through the mail. However, if these methods of delivery do not work for you, please let us know and we can make other arrangements.
For those who have already filed, no further action is required.
We are committed to the highest service for our clients. To ensure you are served in the most effective manner possible, please contact our staff by email regarding specific matters, as indicated below:
- For invoicing or billing, please contact Deserae Rawling (Finance Manager) at email@example.com.
- For scheduling, please contact Erin Peters (Administrative Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For general tax questions not related to a project or tax return, please contact Jamie Massey (Tax Manager) at email@example.com.
- If you already know who is working on your project or tax return, please contact the assigned accountant directly at
- For general questions, referrals to a qualified bookkeeper, payroll specialist or other finance professional, or need assistance with gathering your information, please contact Shanelle Mosley (Management Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience and your cooperation during this time. We will be in contact with updates as we receive information from the government agencies. We appreciate the opportunity to serve and work with you.
Wishing you and your family good health and safety,
Sahmel & Associates